Suggestion for Custom Test Case Coverage Criteria in Test Plan

I’d like to propose an improvement regarding the test case coverage metrics in the Test Plan Overview. In my Case, there are several test cases classified into folders within a single project. I created a test plan using a subset of the test cases within the project. However, the test coverage displayed on the dashboard is calculated based on the total number of test cases in the project, which makes it less meaningful in this context.

To enhance the relevance of the coverage metrics, I suggest implementing the ability to customize the criteria for calculating test case coverage, such as by folders or labels. This change would provide a more accurate representation of coverage based on the specific test cases included in a given test plan.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I believe it could significantly improve our testing process.

I perfectly agree with you. I wish there was an option to specify the coverage criteria based on the test cases included in the test plan.

–

1 Answer

1

Hi,

Thanks for your feature request!
I understand your need for a configurable widget by e.g. customizing the criteria for calculating the coverage for single test plans (and not overall) by filtering the “base set” of the test case.

We currently do not plan to extend the test plan metrics, but we’ll take your feedback into consideration when we work on it again.

If anyone else has some input on test plan (coverage) metric, please feel free to leave a comment - we always appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,
Hanna

Hello! I see this is an old request, but we would also like to be able to adjust the test coverage to just a folder within the project. Right now it looks like we have poor test coverage on the test plan because it calculates on the whole project, but our test plan is only considered for one folder. Is it possible to consider implementing this again?

–