Linking Jira Stories to Test Runs

Hey!

Currently I can link a “Defect” to a test run using the Jira integration. Although there is not any restriction on the Testiny GUI that prevents me to choose any other Jira ticket type, it I can only “Link Defect” on the gui so this might be confusing. Let me explain what we want to achieve and maybe you can give an idea :slight_smile:

As development team we would like to create a test run on testiny for every “Story” type ticket on Jira when QA Engineer starts working on testing the story.

So as a QA Engineer I want to link this story to the Testiny Test Run I newly create and start running the test cases on the test run. Whenever I am finished with the test run I want to include the developers more on Testiny by allowing them to access this Testiny Test Run link via Jira.

By doing so we can also communicate with developers easier and use beautiful Testiny gui to share test run results by adding some screenshots, comments etc.

As mentioned in the begining this is not a big deal since there is no restriction on the Testiny GUI but to make it even better I believe it would be good to add a “Requirement” tab or sth like this to the Test Run view as well, basically like we have on test case view. Or even better these views can be customized :slight_smile: Just as an idea…

BR,
Mustafa

1 Like

Thanks for your input Mustafa!

We discussed this just briefly in our team, but it seems like a valuable addition. Not just linking requirements to a test run, but also to show all requirements for test cases in the test run.

I added this idea to our list of wanted features - the more people request such a feature, the sooner it will be worked on and be available.

So if anyone reads this and also needs this feature, please leave an upvote or even a comment/post what your requirements are. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Alex